Glebe Youth Service’s purpose is for all Young People in Glebe to reach their full potential
We aim to develop in young people a sense of dignity and personal responsibility to achieve their goals and contribute positively to their community.
In order to achieve our purpose, we need to see young people who are
Healthy, safe, skilled and confident
Connected to Community
Taking up livelihood responsibilities
The GYS Vision is for a thriving Glebe Community
A place where people of all backgrounds, ages and economic status have opportunities to fully participate in a civic life. A place where diversity and social justice are valued and actioned through a wide range of community offerings.
- To provide community services for young people to reduce the effects of being disadvantaged.
- To assist individuals and groups of young people to access appropriate resources effectively and take action to meet their needs.
- To encourage youth to participate in planning and developing all activities of GYS.
- To inform, educate and resource the local community about young people and their issues and concerns with a view to build community support for, and participation in, initiatives to improve quality of life for young people.
- To develop formal and informal networks with government/non-government NGO agencies in the metropolitan area for the purpose of developing and implementing strategies in the local community to assist young people who are disadvantaged.
- To support and work with a range of organizations, workers and decision makers to assist in the co-ordination of services to young people at risk of poverty, sickness, suffering distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness.
To provide a safe and responsive environment to young people who live, play and work in the Glebe area through a range of services and programs, where they are supported by trained and professional staff.
We aim to provide young people with opportunities to socialise and develop knowledge and skills in a safe and supportive environment.
We encourage and promote mutual respect, acceptance of everyone’s rights and responsibilities, positive and healthy life choices, as well as opportunities to socialise and allow young people to develop their full potential.
To Learn More CLICK HERE to read our **