To develop in young people a sense of dignity and personal responsibility to achieve their goals and contribute positively to their community.
- To provide community services for young people to reduce the effects of being disadvantaged.
- To assist individuals and groups of young people to access appropriate resources effectively and take action to meet their needs.
- To encourage youth to participate in planning and developing all activities of GYS.
- To inform, educate and resource the local community about young people and their issues and concerns with a view to build community support for, and participation in, initiatives to improve quality of life for young people.
- To develop formal and informal networks with government/non-government NGO agencies in the metropolitan area for the purpose of developing and implementing strategies in the local community to assist young people who are disadvantaged.
- To support and work with a range of organizations, workers and decision makers to assist in the co-ordination of services to young people at risk of poverty, sickness, suffering distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness.
To provide a safe and responsive environment to young people who live, play and work in the Glebe area through a range of services and programs, where they are supported by trained and professional staff.
We aim to provide young people with opportunities to socialise and develop knowledge and skills in a safe and supportive environment.
We encourage and promote mutual respect, acceptance of everyone’s rights and responsibilities, positive and healthy life choices, as well as opportunities to socialise and allow young people to develop their full potential.